Here are 10 suggestions to help you develop and maintain a healthy
self-image. Read them slowly. Meditate on them regularly.
1. Hate your sin, but never hate yourself.
2. Be quick to repent.
3. When God gives you light, walk in it.
4. Stop saying negative things about yourself. God loves you and it’s wrong
to hate what He loves. He has great plans for you, so you’re in conflict
with Him when you speak negatively concerning your future.
5. Never be afraid to admit that you’ve made a mistake and don’t always
assume that when things go wrong, it must be ‘my fault’.
6. Don’t meditate excessively on what you’ve done, right or wrong; both of
these activities keep your mind on you! Center your thoughts on Christ.
7. Take good care of yourself physically. Make the best of what God gave you
to work with, but don’t be obsessed with your appearance.
8. Never stop learning but don’t allow your education to become a point of
pride. God doesn’t use you because of what’s in your head: He uses you
because of what’s in your heart.
9. Realize that your talents are a gift, not something you have manufactured
yourself; never look down on people who can’t do what you do.
10. Don’t despise your weaknesses they keep you dependent on God.
Submitted by: Carol
Music: ‘Left Alone’ © Yuko Ohigashi